Armchair BEA 2013: Literary Fiction

12:00 AM


This topic really confused me.  So my interpretation is going to be books that really made me think and stuck with me long after I read them.  Books I have or will revisit time and time again.


     I saw The Perks of Being a Wallflower in theaters mainly because I love Emma Watson.  The movie blew me away so I decided to read the book and wow what an amazing book it was.  Everyone feels like an outsider at some point in their life and this book the main character is just so observant from his spot outside looking in.  He really made me think about why people act certain ways.

     When She Woke is kind of like the scarlet letter.  I found it scary realistic and thoroughly thought provoking.  What would I do in her situation?  The main character is so strong it is really inspiring.

     The main characters in Code Name Verity are also really amazing women.  They're spies/pilots during the war and their experiences made me laugh and cry and just omg the feels in this book!

     I read To Kill a Mockingbird in high school and loved all the themes.  I love that it was told from a young girl's perspective.  I really want to reread this over and over again.

     Sarah Dessen's books are in my opinion the best contemporary out there.  She touches on topics that are not "issue topics", but things that everyone deals with.  Like figuring out who you are and where you belong.  Or dealing with an absent parent.  And she doesn't focus solely on the romance which makes her messages stand out more.

     Harry Potter= duh.  Just brilliant.

Today I also reviewed Wild Awake by Hilary T. Smith.  It was an...interesting book.

    

You Might Also Like

13 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 5 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 0 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 16 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Flickr Images